After my blog post about making your own homemade face masks, I am now writing about the serious stuff: “A good night rest”. Everybody knows how important sleeping is, but I am giving you some extra tips to have a more qualitative sleep.
I hope you all know the basics:
- A good mattress and pillow
- A good temperature and ventilation in your bedroom
- No alcohol, coffee, TV or computer before you go to sleep
- A regular time to go in and out of bed
I propose you 2 additional natural methods for a good night rest:
- Practice some yoga exercises before you go to sleep
You can do these yoga exercises in your workout clothes or you can put on your pyjama and just do these exercises in bed. Since we had a beautiful snow landscape to shoot in we decided to take the pictures outside!
- Sit on your bed with your face to the wall
- Lay down on your back and stretch your legs up to the wall
- Your bottom straight to the wall or a little bit further
- Lay your arms next to your body with the palm of your hands upwards.
- Breathe quietly and feel the stretch at the back of your legs
- Hold the posture for at least 2 minutes or longer if you feel comfortable.
- Sit on your knees on the bed.
- Bow your upper body and place your head before you on the bed
- Put your chest as low as possible and lay your arms next to your head.
- Hold this posture at least 2 minutes or more while you breathe gently in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Go sit in a cross-legged position
- Put your thumb and forefinger together in a circle
- Close your eyes
- Breath easily
- Bring the attention to yourself for two minutes
All clothing is sponsored by the amazing Billie webshop.
Ingredients: 1 liter of water, a pinch of cinnamon, 1 banana
Why these ingredients?
Method of preparation:
Boil the water in a small pot. Cut the ends of the banana and then add the banana into the boiling water. Let it boil for ten minutes and then pour the water into the tea-cup or a mug through a colander. Now, add a pinch of the cinnamon to improve the taste and use its amazing properties.
You should consume this remarkable relaxing tea 1 hour before you go to bed.
Have a wonderful night!
Leen & Julie